Follow Along/Participate: #FlyDuoChat
Topic: Positioning Through Visual Aesthetic
Most customers judge a book by its cover – next week we discuss how through positioning and visual aesthetic, brands can use that to their advantage!
Join the Facebook Group for exclusive access to this week’s questions!!
Marrin Costello | @marrincostello - Marrin Costello is a visionary, lifestyle entrepreneur, and tastemaker. Her career as a creative began at age seven, after receiving a bead kit for Christmas. Only a decade later, said gift evolved into an accessories brand with an international following - and has since been featured in Vogue, Huffington Post, In Style, and US Weekly. Brand collaborations include Nars, Jaguar, Superga, Campari, Gilt, MasterCard, and Red Bull, among many others.
Above all accomplishments, Costello is most proud of the relationships she has maintained and developed along her journey. A self-proclaimed ‘people collector’, Costello lives for genuine human connection, and continues to add new members to her growing ‘family’ while traveling the globe.
Lea Alcantara | @lealea - Lea is a partner and lead designer at Bright Umbrella, a web services agency that builds smart websites for education, nonprofits and innovative entrepreneurs. She helps paint an accurate and attractive reflection of her clients’ brands through color, type and code. That means her sites not only have personality, but deliver a positive user experience that fulfills client and audience goals.
She’s also the other half of the acclaimed CTRL+CLICK CAST. In her spare time, you can find her binge-watching documentaries about food and obsessively taking photos of her cats.
Fatou Barry | @prgirlmanifesto - Fatoumata B. Barry (Fatou) is a Guinean-born, NYC-raised digital architect, obsessed with all things PR & branding. She is best known for helping fellow millennials gain clarity around the “who, what, why” of their brands.
A profound believer in the power of community and passing on knowledge to generate opportunity, Fatou is the founder of a digital platform for female communicators called the PR Girl Manifesto. Through PR Girl Manifesto, Fatou provides aspiring and practicing “PR Girls” the tools of the trade gained from her own experience in the world of PR.
Sherri Johnson | @flygirlfmp - Sherri Johnson is a self-proclaimed urban hippie. She loves overalls, bare feet, big hoops - to match her notoriously tall wedges - good food, and helping brands meaningfully connect with their clients and customers in the digital space. As co-founder of Fly Media Productions, a boutique digital agency catering to fashion, lifestyle, and event brands, Sherri prides herself on helping female founders to unapologetically be themselves, own their badassery, and to build strong, beautiful, and hugely successful brands while doing it!
In addition to web design, development, social media, and branding, Reuben and Sherri have a passion for bringing people together. In an effort to encourage this collaborative and inclusive environment they host a monthly Twitter chat series where they, along with a select panel of experts and thought leaders, discuss topics ranging from small business and professional development to authenticity, feminine power, sex appeal, equality, diversity and social justice.
SPONSORS & PARTNERS
TIPS & TRICKS
1. The hashtag for the night is #FlyDuoChat. Be sure to use it in all your tweets, answers to questions, and responses to others.
2. The host (@FlyDuo) will ask a series of questions using Q1, Q2, etc. To reply to a question, use A1, A2, etc.
3. Relax and have fun! Bring YOUR style, swag, attitude, expertise, and experience ;)
4. There will be time at the start of our chat for you to introduce yourself, so be sure to arrive on time!
5. In some cases there will also be time at the end of each chat for Networking - let the people know what you’re working on, make connections, exchange numbers, follow and support each other!
Good 2 know:
- You can find/follow the conversation by typing #FlyDuoChat into your Twitter search bar. This will bring up all tweets and participants (view the Latest).
- The more interaction the better, so go ahead and like, retweet, and share as often as you’d like!
- Questions are for everyone. Feel free to share your thoughts and experience.
- Feel free to answer questions more than once.
- If a single answer requires more than one tweet, use A1 (cont’d), A2 (cont’d), A1a, A1b, etc.
- Please reserve self-promotion for the beginning and end of the chat, unless your business or service answers someone’s question, or specifically relates to the current topic – then, by all means, go ahead and share!
- Twitter chats are a great way to meet and get to know like-minded people, so follow, follow, follow!