What the hell is a website audit? Don’t you dare touch my shit!
That’s what you’re thinking, right?
And the only reason you’re even reading this post is because you know that if the FlyDuo touch your shit - it’s with good reason, and your shit’s bound to get sickah!
You like that?
Me too! Lol - I couldn’t resist.
But, let’s get serious for just a minute, because - despite our awesomeness - if you didn’t think you might need a website or social media audit, you probably wouldn’t be reading this. And we wanna make sure that you get the help you need.
So, here’s the deal, unlike an IRS audit, a website audit is nothing to fear (don’t be scurred); in fact it’s a good idea to ask for one from time to time.
A website or social media audit, simply put, is a thorough examination of your website and/or social media presence in order to improve effectiveness, impact, engagement, performance and a whole slew of other things.
If you know what to look for, it’s something that you can and should do regularly, yourself. But, sometimes even the most savvy business owners need a little help, and that’s where we come in.
When done well, a professional audit will not only help to address your immediate areas of concern, but will also provide you with the information - in hand - from that point forward, to more effectively improve SEO, tell your story, engage and connect with your audience, and ultimately sell more products and services.
It’s about empowering you to better operate your business online; or to move your business within the socialsphere, with authenticity and confidence!
When you work with Fly Media, these are some of the things we look at:
- Does your website load properly - on both desktop and mobile devices?
- Does it load fast enough?
- It is usable and readable on mobile devices?
- Does your website look professional?
- What kind of first impression does your website give – is that your intention?
- How does your website compare with others in your area of expertise?
- Does your website do a good job of setting you apart from other businesses or individuals providing the same or similar services or products?
- Do you have examples that back up your claims, or prove your expertise?
- Does your website have clear direction?
- Is it easy to get around?
- Is important information easy to find?
- Does your website provide visitors with the information they’re expecting to find?
- Does your website clearly direct visitors where they need to go?
- Is the content cohesive – is there a clear message throughout the website?
- Is the imagery cohesive?
- Is your brand personality being properly expressed throughout the website?
- Do your visuals and copy (combined), express a cohesive message? Is it the right message?
- Do all your page links work?
- Do all other links work (social media links, call to action links, etc.)?
- Are there any other ways in which your website could use improvement?
Below is a brief checklist to help you decide if a professional audit is right for you. If you find yourself agreeing with one or more of the items listed, you may want to consider what a professional audit can do for you.
I Agree/Disagree with the following statements:
- There are several areas mentioned in the list above that I need to improve, but am not sure where to start.
- I rarely, if ever receive inquiries directly, via my website or website contact form.
- I often send people to my website to order a product or service, only to have them return to me asking for help in making the purchase, or ask for an alternate option to complete the purchase.
- I receive more sales from my social media pages than my website.
- I’m invoicing clients or customers directly for products or services that are readily available to purchase on my website.
- I often hear, “I went to your website, but didn’t see any information on x, y and z.” even though the information they’re requesting is listed on my website.
- My website isn’t accomplishing the goals I set out when I created it.
- My goals have changed since creating my website, and I’m unsure if my current website will be able to continue working for me, or if I need to start over.
- I rarely, if ever receive traffic to my website from search engines.
- I rarely, if ever receive traffic to my website from my social media accounts.
- My site has moved lower in search rankings, but I’m not sure why.
- I get a decent amount of traffic to my website, but little to no sales.
- I would like to increase sales and conversions.
- I would like to raise my rates.
- I would like to increase social awareness around my product, service or brand.
- I would like more engagement on my website and social media platforms in the form of likes, shares, comments, etc.
- I would like to gain new fans and followers.
- I would like to gain new customers or clients.
A professional website is a tool you invest in because you know it’ll turn around and make you a whole lot more than you put into it. But, if you neglect your website so much that you can no longer rely on it to do it’s job, or to the point of embarrassment - where you refuse to refer people to it – then you’re missing out on the huge potential of that return.
A seasoned web professional understands how to review your business, and how to communicate their findings in a way that you can actually understand.
When you work with Fly Media, we not only go over our findings with you, but we also provide you with a printable report (written in plain English) containing our findings, along with an actionable list of tweaks and changes that you can begin to implement right away.
Depending on the setup of your website, you may be able to tackle many of the items yourself. Other recommendations will require the help of a capable web professional.
You’re more than welcome to share your report with your web design team, or work with us to have the changes made for you. We’d love to help!
“Not only did [Reuben and Sherri] teach me tools on how to increase user experience on my site but they gave me recommendations on how to simplify the buying process. Both these have added value to my site and increased sales.” - Karen Haughton, Cambodian Hair Company
30 Min. Consultation: To determine areas of concern, goals and desired outcome.
Evaluation: Of either your website or social media presence.
PDF Report: An actionable list of tweaks and changes that are geared toward your specific goals.
30 Min. Consultation: To go over recommendations.
Consultations are held via Telephone or Skype Video.
Price: $497 per evaluation (as outlined above) | $357 per evaluation (includes email consultation only)
If you’d like to schedule an audit for your website, social media presence - or both - contact us today!