Follow Along/Participate: #FlyDuoChat
Topic: Embracing a Year of Yes
This Month’s Special Guests:
Tracy G. | @itstracyg - Tracy G. is a self-proclaimed edutainer who lives for all-affirmations-everything. In 2015 she founded the emotional empowerment platform for dope women, She’s Beauty And The Beast that boasts audio vision boards, wake up calls, a podcast and more audio musings. She’s also a part of the on-air squad for SiriusXM’s Sway In The Morning show on Shade45.
Many people have dubbed her thoughts on human interest topics and pop culture as zany, yet thoughtful. This has led to hosting, commentary and correspondence opportunities with: Conde Nast, MTV, MTV2, VH1, BET, Essence LIVE, Fuse and REVOLT.
Before journeying to radio, Tracy worked as a full-time editor at VIBE and has written for publications such as: Marie Claire, Rolling Stone, Essence, Complex and many more.
Karen Maria Alston | @advertisingdiva - Affectionately known as The Advertising Diva, Karen Maria Alston is a branding and marketing expert. In 2002, Karen stepped out on faith, left her job at America Online to follow her passion and create Alston Marketing Group (AM+G). AM+G based in Washington, DC has a large roster of current and former clients and created several notable advertising campaigns in the Washington, DC area including Capital Bikeshare.
In 2015, Karen founded the innovative women’s empowerment and professional development organization, The Spectrum Circle.
Because of her illustrious profession and business acumen, Karen has been featured in several print and online publications, radio, internet webinars and TV shows. She is also a sought after speaker for many marketing industry conferences on a range of topics such as digital media, traditional marketing, government contracting, and her favorite topic the “burdens of the superwoman” which was the pre-cursor to The Spectrum Circle. Upon founding The Spectrum Circle, she has been a sought after expert and asked to speak on numerous panels and conferences around the country on women’s empowerment, career guidance and issues pertaining to women and the glass ceiling.
In 2015, Copa Style Magazine named her its inaugural “2015 Woman of the Year.” In April 2016, American Enterprise Institute (AEI) asked her to participate in its AEI Leadership Forum on urban policy and poverty in Washington, DC along with sixty other leaders from around the country.
Bachelor of Business Administration degree in Finance from Howard University, an Executive Education Certificate in Branding and Design from Harvard University, and an Executive Education Certificate in Non Profit Management from Kellogg School of Business at Northwestern University. She has been admitted to Harvard Business School Executive Education program in June 2017 for a specialized class in Women’s Leadership.
Alair Hallman | @alairhallman - An Atlanta native passionate about female empowerment and personal development, Alair Hallman has proven her abundant perseverance as one of the first in her family to graduate from college (Georgia State University). In addition to higher education, Alair began a modeling career around 2009 when she was signed to an Atlanta based modeling agency. She quickly learned the in’s and outs of the industry and would go on to work with some of the biggest publications. From 2011 to present, Alair simultaneously worked in marketing with various companies before taking a leap of faith and focusing on her career as an author. A true hustler at heart, Alair’s gritty fortitude and drive are the keys to her success thus far.
In 2014, Alair embarked on a period of single-hood and self-discovery. It was during this season that her debut book, Gems, was birthed.
Davia Roberts | @redefineenough - Davia Roberts, the self proclaimed, “hippie dippie therapist,” uses her quirky energy to guide women to wholeness through her work as a trauma counselor, mental health advocate, and wellness educator. Her endeavors to reduce mental health stigma have only multiplied with the creation of her annual SHE IS wellness retreat and biweekly podcast, AFFIRM.
Davia launched the wellness blog, Redefine Enough, in July 2015 with the intention of inspiring other women to redefine “good enough” through mindfulness, wellness, and radical self-acceptance. Within the first year, she was recognized as a “self care guru” by fellow bloggers and highly requested for speaking engagements about emotional and mental wellness for universities and community organizations. She hopes to further her message of self acceptance and the beauty of wellness.
TIPS & TRICKS
1. The hashtag for the night is #FlyDuoChat. Be sure to use it in all your tweets, answers to questions, and responses to others.
2. The host (@FlyDuo) will ask a series of questions using Q1, Q2, etc. To reply to a question, use A1, A2, etc.
3. Relax and have fun! Bring YOUR style, swag, attitude, expertise, and experience ;)
4. There will be time at the start of our chat for you to introduce yourself, so be sure to arrive on time!
5. In most cases there will also be time at the end of each chat for Networking - let the people know what you’re working on, make connections, exchange numbers, follow and support each other!
Good 2 know:
- You can find/follow the conversation by typing #FlyDuoChat into your Twitter search bar. This will bring up all tweets and participants.
- The more interaction the better, so go ahead and like, retweet, and share as often as you’d like!
- Questions are for everyone. Feel free to share your thoughts and experience.
- Feel free to answer questions more than once.
- If a single answer requires more than one tweet, use A1 (cont’d), A2 (cont’d), A1a, A1b, etc.
- Please reserve self promotion for the beginning and end of the chat, unless your business or service answers someones question, or specifically relates to the current topic – then by all means go ahead and share!
- Twitter chats are a great way to meet and get to know like-minded people, so follow, follow, follow!